About Me

My photo
You step out on the open road, you see this one person making all the noise. The incessant laughter, the merry talks, the joker in your circus -- that's all me. You take a look around, and laugh, and then wonder how irritating, and in-your-face can he be -- that's all me. You might tolerate him, you might understand him; but you'll never be able to miss him -- that's all me. A li'l 'ere, a li'l there; the story doesn't change. You move ahead.. And Yesterday maintains its status quo. So on, so on.. And, the moment you patiently break through the high walls, and step inside the deep thoughts, you learn that the outside show is just a masquerade; a reason for everyone to believe that the world is at peace with itself -- that's all me. A reason for you to believe that a life of love, peace, beauty, forgiveness, hope, friendship, and redemption does exist. A life where the only thought that you share, is laughter -- that's all me. And then, it all comes out in writing...

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Calcutta '08 [Part I]

"So, Poopster, you tell me Calcutta sucks? Really?! I repeat.. you do not know that! At least, not unless you're forced to go into that wretched city by force, in the scorching heat of nearly 40* Celsius with the humidity touching 100%, to be educated by rat-smelling mongrels, and live in the midst of Patagonian savaging bashi-bazooks out there, who can consume nothing save the hell of a hurricane-tasting water that the soil of that terrible region provides, and of course, the "MAACH"! And before I forget.. the brilliant "ROSHOGOLAS"! Oh yeah!.. I'd rather have a Vada Pav! Thank you very much. :@ :(

:O

And that, my friend, is Calcutta, as I witnessed in the month of April 2008.. but nonetheless applicable at any time of the long and tiresome year. :|

I lost count of the number of times I cried out there. Was it 17? Or 18? I don't really know. I'm sure the only day in that city of cow-dung-smelling fishes when I didn't shed those misanthropic and melancholic tears of sorrow was TODAY! And you know why? I guess you do know that. 'cause I was returning back to Bombay!

*screaming an ecstatic yell of sheer joy mix'd with pure delight*

I woke up at 0630 hours today morning.. and all on my own; a record surely! I never woke up that early since the October of the year gone by, and I rejoiced at my already half-won battle of shortening my stay there! AND I DIDN'T CRY TODAY! The last step on that blistering jellyfish soil that I took was a leap onto the aeroplane escalator of the Jet Airways Flight No. 9W 212. I shall never forget the temporary, sorry, eternal debt that I owe to that very flight for having saved me.. my body.. my soul.. my everything.. getting me back to life.. the last step was a leap of a pang of bliss and satisfaction that I never felt before.. and in that moment of redemption, I sadistically stared back with the utmost disgust at the city which was supposed to be my "home"! (Yeah, right!)

But the story doesn't end here.. the goddamn flight was CURSED! :O Oh, yeah! I shouldn't have forgotten it.. taking off from my "home", the two winged jet bat made a collision with some unknown object on the runway just prior to leaving ground from the forsaken East.. It shook violently all through out.. and at the end of the journey, it was freaking hovering in circles over my HOME.. Bombay, yeah! For one freaking hour, it went round and round, reminding me of all the torture that I had already endured, and was still enduring.. silently.. angrily! Reminding me that I was away from my home, and reminding me that I would remain away for some more time to come. :( The take off gets delayed by 56 minutes, and now, oh god, oh; the landing gets delayed by 63 minutes! Oh, sweet Lord! Now that's not a co-incidence, right? My flight to my "home" wasn't as troublesome.. at least it had some sane roots.

But, oh, Sorrow, where have you led me?! :(

:O

* Cursed be the cockroach-looking fish-lovers and trawl seekers from the city of joy *

* Cursed be all their descendants to carry out their legacies *

* Cursed be me for being forced to bequeath that price *

* Cursed become you too for sharing a "home" with the traitors *"

No comments:

Post a Comment